Welcome to the Hot & Healthy Life Fitness Program!
I’m so excited that you are here. THANK YOU for trusting me to be your coach.
If you are one of the first 10 to register for the 6 month program you will be receiving a free coaching call with me to do your nutrition audit. I will send you an email with the link to schedule that call.
Here is what happens next!
- Request access to our private Facebook group HERE. Take a moment to introduce yourself in the pinned post at the top of the page (on a mobile device you may have to click the “View Pinned Post” button. In this group you can ask questions, request modifications, cheer along the other ladies, and check in daily when you complete a workout.
- Check your email! Within 24 hours of signing up you will receive your login details to the members website. This email WILL go to your spam. Not sure why that happens, but it does. Save this email, you will need to login to the member’s site each time you go to access it.
- Familiarize yourself with the member website. This is where all of your workouts, coaching videos, old recipes, and blog posts will be. All the workouts for September are on the main page.
- Grab your nutrition resources. The most important nutrition info I want you to check out first is the Nutrition Quick Start Guide (In the nutrition resources tab) and then either the nutrition for weight maintenance or weight loss video.
- Purchase any workout equipment you need. If you are working out at home you will need some workout equipment. See below for my product recommendations.
- Schedule your workouts. You’re a busy lady so scheduling your workouts is going to be SUPER important. If it isn’t scheduled it probably isn’t happening. First decide how often you want to workout weekly and then put the actual times of your workout on your calendar.
- Tell me your goals. In your welcome email I’ve asked you to hit reply and let me know what 1-2 goals you have for the next 3 months are.
Workout Equipment Recommendations
Below I am going to recommend some of my favorite pieces of workout equipment and then I will tell you if it is required or not. Please note, you do NOT have to buy fancy workout equipment. If you find something cheaper at Wal-Mart or a swap site on Facebook go with that. I’m recommending products that you can order online and have shipped to you.
- A set of dumbbells-REQUIRED. Ideally you would have 2 sets of dumbbells, a heavy set and a light set. If that is not in the budget right now, get one medium weight set. HERE or HERE are ones I would recommend. Estimated cost: Around $30
- A kettlebell- REQUIRED. Like with the dumbbells 2 kettlebells are ideal. Start with one though and you can grab another one when you need it. I would recommend 15-20 lbs for more beginners and 25-35 pound for more advanced exercisers. HERE or HERE would be my recommendations. Estimated Cost: Around $30
- A barbell-NOT REQUIRED BUT STRONGLY ENCOURAGED. Each month you get 2 strength training workouts that I ask you to do weekly. Having a barbell while isn’t required is going to make your life a lot easier and allow you to fully participate with the program. They are NOT that expensive. HERE or HERE are my recommendations. Estimated Cost: Around $60
- A set of mini resistance bands- Not Required, encouraged. We do a LOT of glute work in this program. These mini bands are perfect for this. HERE is my recommendation. Estimated cost $12
- A set of regular resistance bands- Not required, highly encouraged. These bands are really helpful for our strength training program. I recommend both the red and the black. Find them HERE.
- Plyometric box- Not required. I do program things like box jumps and step ups however if you do not have access to a plyometric box you can use stairs in your house or step up onto something sturdy. If you or someone you know is handy you can build your own box for around $25 in materials. Recommendations are HERE and HERE. Tutorial to build your own is HERE.